iFi Audio nano iDSD LE Portable Headphone Amp & DAC
Tax excluded. Shipping calculated at checkout
The nano iDSD LE from iFi AUDIO is a portable DAC and headphone amplifier designed to facilitate high-fidelity audio playback for on-the-go devices, working well with both DSD audio players and smartphones alike. It supports PCM playback from 44.1 to 384 kHz, at resolutions of 16- to 32-bit. For high-resolution formats, the unit plays both DSD and DXD files at extremely high sample rates without file conversion, ensuring your playback is heard exactly as it was intended to be heard. A Burr-Brown DAC chipset is employed, as are AMR military-grade temperature-compensated clocks to mitigate and eliminate digital noise and jitter.
On the analog side, a smooth and precise analog volume knob gives you detailed control over the output level, and a DirectDrive signal path ensures sonic transparency. The built-in LiPo battery lasts for eight hours at a clip.
- The nano iDSD LE is able to play True Native, meaning there is no conversion; PCM stays PCM and DSD stays DSD. This means no signal loss or sound-quality difference usually attributable to file conversion.
- The nano iDSD LE supports Hi-Resolution formats up to 384 kHz and DSD 128.
Burr-Brown DAC Chip
- This unit features a Burr-Brown native DSD/PCM chipset.
- The clocks used in the iDSD LE have been supplied by AMR, and are military-grade temperature-compensated master-clock modules. They avoid the creation of unwanted beat frequencies. The crystals in these clocks reduce overall digital noise and eliminate jitter. The iDSD LE utilizes more than an Asynchronous USB transfer for its clocking; to truly mitigate jitter, it also employs AMR's Zero Jitter Lite technology from the AMR DP-777, which sports Asynchronous as the starting, not finishing, point.
- A built-in LiPo battery ensures 8 hours of music on the go. To connect a smartphone/tablet, just use the appropriate cable for iOS and Android alike to extract the digital signal and let the iDSD LE do the rest. Even at home, battery-power will ensure a higher sound quality than normal USB power.
Analog Volume Control
- The iDSD LE features a built-in precision analogue volume control. Its smooth action allows for smooth, contoured volume control.
DirectDrive Output Signal Path
- DirectDrive technology allows for no output-coupling capacitors, providing sonic transparency.