Sennheiser HD 560S
Tax excluded. Shipping calculated at checkout
Reveal the truth in your music
Today’s audiophiles monitor their music with measured purpose on a wide range of devices from headphone amplifiers, audio interfaces, computers, and more. The HD 560S delivers the linear performance required by analytical audio enthusiasts at a breakthrough value, allowing the listener to have an honest look inside their music whether for pleasure or productivity.
"The HD560S is still an excellent headphone that comes in at an attractive price tag and should be strongly considered as a reference point for what well-tuned headphones can sound like."
Open earcups for open minds
The HD 560S features an open-back design that provides natural propagation of sound waves. The E.A.R. (Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement) angled driver alignment recreates the optimal triangular listening position you would find in hi-fi loudspeaker setups and high-end recording studios. This combination creates a wide, articulate soundstage without the need for room treatment, letting you hear the neutral version of your music unaffected by the artifacts of a confined space.
The HD 560S transducers are specifically tuned for accuracy, offering dependable A/B comparisons of components, mixes, and media formats. The entire frequency range is honest, complemented by smooth, deep bass extension that reveals what nearfield loudspeakers often struggle to reproduce—especially between 20 and 50 Hz. The 120 ohm transducer is all-new, featuring a specialized polymer blend in its membrane for linear excursion and improved brilliance above 10 Hz. The drive magnet offers highly efficient power while its sophisticated damping system manages ventilation—this combination yields deeper bass while mitigating the distortion that otherwise impacts clarity—a difference only the most discerning listeners can appreciate. Whether grading a new hi-resolution master or revisiting a vintage audiophile preamp the HD 560S offers a fatigue-free listen that you can depend on.
Comfort is king
Although the HD 560S sound is rooted in the reference-level DNA of the beloved HD 660S, its comfort mechanics are based on the chassis of our ultralight HD 599. A headphone this neutral deserves a distraction-free fit and a “barely there” feel on the listener’s head. Even the velour earpads have been carefully considered to keep all contact points soft to the touch. The open, around-the-ear design offers benefits beyond natural sound—the ventilated cup remains cool without ever needing to touch the wearer’s ears.
It’s all about connection
Because audiophiles frequent a variety of sources, we developed the HD 560S to provide an exceptional experience regardless of the playback system. The detachable 3 meter cable (9.8 feet) provides the perfect amount of freedom to access your gear, no matter how it may be oriented within your setup. The 6.3mm / ¼-inch plug lets you connect to headphone amplifiers, audio interfaces, and most hi-fi sources while a flexible 3.5mm / ⅛-inch adapter ensures you can extract the most out of your reference material on portable digital audio players and countless other audio devices.
- Reference-grade headphones for analytical listening sessions
- Natural and accurate reference sound
- Angled transducers recreate the optimal listening position every time, without the need for acoustic room treatment
- Open earcups facilitate natural expansion of sound waves
- Superior detail retrieval with fast, clear bass response
- Extended low-end reach with gratifying presence
- Ultra-low distortion even at high SPL
- Lightweight design and velour earpads for all-day wearing comfort
- Detachable 3m cable with 6.3mm jack plug and 3.5mm adapter with flexible, 15cm lead
What's in the box?
- HD 560S headphones
- 3 m cable with 6.3 mm plug
- 6.3 to 3.5 mm adapter
- Impedance: 120 Ω
- Frequency response: 6 Hz to 38 kHz (-10 dB)
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 110 dB (1 kHz / 1 V RMS)
- THD, total harmonic distortion: < 0.05 % (1 kHz / 90 dB SPL)
- Jack plug: 6.35 mm with 3.5 mm adapter
- Transducer principle: dynamic, open
- Weight w/o cable: 240 g
- Ear pad material: Velour